Active Duty & Veteran Program
Our Mission: The Mission of Operation New Uniform (ONU) is to empower active duty servicemembers, veterans and military spouses to successfully transition from military life to purposeful, stable careers.
Our Vision: At Operation New Uniform (ONU), our vision is to empower confident graduates who are coveted and embraced by the community.
How is ONU different?
To empower graduates, we leverage the highly successful Sandler Training program and enhance its award-winning results by providing transition-specific supportive services. These services include personalized coaching and mentoring, life skills workshops, networking, resume building, etc.
What are you waiting for?
At ONU, we realize you may have experienced other transition programs, but our program is different. Nearly 100% of our graduates find employment within four months. More importantly, graduates become part of the ONU family forever.
Your journey, your way:
In-Person: Operation New Uniform we offer in-person transition training at our Jacksonville headquarters, and at our Tampa satellite office. Each class has an average of a dozen participants which allows for a highly personalized experience. Coursework takes place during the day for veteran students and is led by our Sandler-certified program staff.
Virtual: We offer a virtual option for students who cannot attend the in-person classes. They follow the same coursework, class schedule, and graduation as the in-person participants.
Online (E-Learning): We developed this option for students who require a self-paced e-learning option due to their schedules. This option has a definitive start and end date.
Application Requirements: Active Duty: Proof of separation date; Veterans: Proof of an Honorable Discharge (DD214)
Fees: There are no fees.
Active Duty & Veteran Class Schedule
*Note: Graduation ceremonies are held on the last day of class.
In-Person and Virtual Class Schedule:
(Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- January 17 – February 1, 2024 (Jacksonville, FL)
- March 18 – 28, 2024 (Tampa, FL)
- April 10 – 26, 2024 (Jacksonville, FL)
- July 10 – 26, 2024 (Jacksonville, FL)
- August 12 – 22, 2024 (Tampa, FL)
- October 16 – November 1, 2024 (Jacksonville, FL)
In-Person and Virtual Graduations:
- February 1, 2024 (Jacksonville, FL)
- March 8, 2024 (virtual)
- March 28, 2024 (Tampa, FL)
- April 26, 2024 (Jacksonville, FL)
- June 14, 2024 (virtual)
- July 26, 2024 (Jacksonville, FL)
- August 22, 2024 (Tampa, FL)
- September 13, 2024 (virtual)
- November 1, 2024 (Jacksonville, FL)
- December 13, 2024 (virtual)
Online (Self-Paced/E-Learning) Class Schedule:
(self-paced, but with milestone dates)
- October 2 – December 8, 2023
- January 8 – March 8, 2024
- April 1 – June 14, 2024
- July 1 – September 13, 2024
- September 30 – December 13, 2024